Gerard Pique recently announced his retirement from the game after an illustrious career.
With the veteran leaving Camp Nou, here’s a look at the top 10 Barcelona defenders in the last decade.
Rakings are based on trophies won, games played and overall achievements.
1. Carles Puyol. The big defender was a leader of the club until his retirement in 2014.
2. Pique. The 35-year-old will go down as a club legend with over 35 trophies and more than 600 games played.
3. Dani Alves. The durability and efficiency of the Brazilian is second to none. He’s the only on this list still active.
4. Eric Abidal. Arguably the most assured left-back ever to play for Barca. He won 16 trophies at Barca.
5. Javier Mascherano. The Argentine transitioned from a defensive midfielder to one of the best centre-backs in the game.
Who would you rather have on this short list?